DVSBF depends on volunteers to make great things happen! Here are some of the ways we can use your passion and talents:
- Community Events – help at DVSBF booth for events like the Women’s Expo and Family Expo.
- Fundraising Events – help at annual events like our golf tournament and the Ladies Afternoon Soiree.
- Organizing and Projects – help us fill food boxes, collecting and sorting of donations, yard work and household projects like painting and cleaning.
- Working with Survivors – work with women and children at the shelter, help answer the crisis line, or provide support at court.
Per state WAC (388-61A-0350), all DVSBF staff and volunteers must complete a minimum of 20 hours of initial basic training before providing any direct client services.
For Spring or Fall online training information, fees, or to speak to someone about the type of experience you seek, please contact Diana, our Volunteer Coordinator at 509-735-1295, Option 2.
- History of Domestic Violence
- Dynamics of Domestic Violence
- Advocacy Based Counseling
- Cultural Competence
- DV & Children
- Crisis Intervention
- Safety Planning
- The Legal System
- Community Resources
To reserve a spot at our next volunteer training, please download a volunteer application and return it
by fax to (509) 736-0649 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.