Turn Domestic Violence Awareness into Action!
October is National Domestic Violence Awareness Month. DVSBF is challenging the community to turn it into Domestic Violence ACTION Month by getting involved to create a safe and healthy community for all women, girls, men and boys.
Domestic violence is a complex issue with no easy solution, but it’s simple for all of us to do something!
- Hang fliers at your workplace, church, school or other community location. Download DVSBF fliers and materials.
- Ask your employer, church, school or community organization to put information in a newsletter or bulletin. Download messaging ideas here.
- Ask your employer, church, school or community organization to put information on their website. Download messaging ideas here.
- Ask a local business or church to put a message on their marquee. Contact Us For Message Ideas
- Host a resources table to share information. Download DVSBF fliers and materials.
- Place safety cards in waiting rooms and businesses. Get them here.
Invite DVSBF staff to speak at your workplace, church, school, or community group. Call 735-1295 or e-mail email@example.com to schedule a presentation.
- Host a donation drive or a fundraising event. Download a wishlist.
- Write a letter to the editor of the Tri City Herald or other publication in our area.
- Or, your own creative idea!
Don’t forget to attend our annual Candlelight Vigil – Click here for more information.