DVS depends on volunteers to make great things happen! Here are some of the ways we can use your passion and talents:
- Community Events – help at DVS booth for events like the Women’s Expo and Family Expo.
- Fundraising Events – help at annual events like our golf tournament and the Ladies Afternoon Soiree.
- Organizing and Projects – help us fill food boxes, collecting and sorting of donations, yard work and household projects like painting and cleaning.
- Working with Survivors – work with women and children at the shelter, help answer the crisis line, or provide support at court.
Per state WAC (388-61A-0350), all DVS staff and volunteers must complete a minimum of 20 hours of initial basic training before providing any direct client services.
Our next Volunteer Training is October 7 – 9 , 2016. Download a fall training flyer.
- History of Domestic Violence
- Dynamics of Domestic Violence
- Advocacy Based Counseling
- Cultural Competence
- DV & Children
- Crisis Intervention
- Safety Planning
- The Legal System
- Community Resources
To speak with someone about the type of volunteer experience you are looking for please contact Donna, our volunteer coordinator at (509) 582-9841. Or, to reserve a spot at our next volunteer training download an volunteer application and fax to (509) 736-0649 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals continuing with volunteer work at our agency = No fee
Student & non-profit organizations = $50.00 per person.
Other individuals or organizations = $250.00 per person.
Please contact the volunteer coordinator at (509) 735-1295 to discuss training fees.